Thursday, November 19, 2009

Living on Mission: Enduring the "Unkind Rythyms"

One aspect of living on misison means learning how to endure the unkind rythyms we experience in the real world. The highs and lows that do not seem as common on short term missions.


11-18-09 (Todd Harrington)

UNKIND RYTHYMS


The clamoring bell in the bell tower
Bellowing beets, soulful stirrings
Jovial laughs on the pinnacle of hope.

Soil-filled dearth, crusty and brittle
Dryness is damp upon this misery
Avenging life where is your relief
Hidden is the ring of the bell.



Even after many trips and experiences, I was still fooled into thinking that my passion, conviction, and my attitude would remain constant. Wisdom reminds me that the reality of life has moments on the pinnacle of hope and moments of dryness which can even seem damp in such difficulty or misery. Living on mission faithfully means learning how to endure the unkind rythyms of life. I am seeking to remain centered in all circumstances--centered on Christ, the one who is present with me in the peaks and the valleys. I hope to remain broken and humble regardless of the rythymic waves of life.